Introduction to people management: essentials for team leaders, supervisors and managers
09:30-15:30, 8 February 2022
This event took place 6 months ago
- Course length
- 1 Day
- Helen Swatton
- Mark Douglas
- Course overview
People management is often the biggest concern of team leaders, supervisors and managers, which is understandable given that it is a fundamental to being a great manager.
This online course with Mark Douglas from Blue Ptarmigan identifies what it means to be a great people manager, exploring the roles, responsibilities and skill sets required. It is delivered in one day, from 9.30am to 3.30pm with 3x 30 minute breaks, to allow you to focus on the subject and connect with the other participants.
Book this course and Adapt and develop your management skills: managing people in the modern, get 10% off the second course!
- Overall course aim
The aim of this online course is for you to:
- gain greater confidence and ability in managing, leading and supervising people
- understand how to effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities
- know how to better handle difficult people, situations and conversations
- feel more confident in asking team members to complete tasks
- know how to get your team to feel more empowered and engaged in their work
- develop confidence in giving and receiving feedback
- Course objectives
This interactive online course covers tools and techniques to get the best out of your people including delegation skills, team engagement and holding people to account. You will learn active listening and good questioning techniques, fundamental to handling difficult conversations and people. It will share the five steps to having great delivery conversations and how to adapt your approach to different people and scenarios. We explore how to create working environments where people feel empowered and engaged.
- Who was the course aimed at?
This course is for newly appointed or existing first level team leaders, supervisors and managers who have had limited formal training in people management.
- Entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements.
- Other Information
Course structure: 6-hour course with 3x 30 minute breaks. It is interactive, blending management theory with practical day-to-day techniques, examples, participant contributions and group work.
- Previous delegate comments
- "One of the most genuinely useful and constructive training courses I've been on in a long time."
- In house training service
- This course can be delivered in-house. Find out more
- £180 (member rate £110)
If you belong to an SCVO member/supporter organisation, please sign in with your SCVO Account before booking to save £70 on this course
Also on the following dates
Training delivered to your door
Our in-house training service provides a flexible, efficient and cost-effective way to upskill or reskill a group of staff at the same time.