Callander Youth Project Trust
Charity registered in Scotland SC025649
Aims & objectivesCallander Youth Project aims to improve the quality of life of young people aged 11-25 in Callander and the surrounding rural area by maximising their potential through access to the best possible recreation and educational facilities, support and resources.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 25 hours per week, 5 days from 7, some evening and weekend work may be necessary
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Generally 10:00 -16:00
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9.00 per hour
• To support the development of our hostel and café.
• To support the development of events and functions.
• To support the development of other Callander Youth Project activities within the Youth Hub.
• Ensure a high standard of customer care at all times.
• Comply with CYPT’s policies, procedures, instructions and ensure that all required hostel records are kept appropriately.
• Ensure high standards of personal presentation and hygiene are maintained at all times.
• Promote Callander Youth Project at every opportunity.
• To participate in any other activities that are deemed appropriate and necessary as part of the role, as directed by the Manager.
Routine Responsibilities – Reception
• Maintain effective communications with all staff and support worker.
• Provide advice to hostel groups about local area and tourist attractions.
• Maintain good health and safety practices.
• Provide a full reception service to hostel groups, including check-in, hostel group registration, check-out, handling customer enquiries and providing information and support for hostel groups.
• Maintain bed plan and monitor room changes.
• Answer guest queries.
Routine Responsibilities – Cleaning
• Clean all assigned public areas and bedrooms as directed
• Clean public toilets and shower rooms
• Maintain good health and safety practices, in line with COSHH legislation.
• Deep clean bedrooms, public areas and other specific areas designated by management.
• Answer groups queries when requested.
• Complete work projects, including laundry when required, and as assigned by Management.
• Clean and polishes floors, windows, mirrors and all surface areas.
• Vacuum, shampoo and remove stains from carpets.
• Remove all litter from public spaces and bedrooms – recycle as appropriate.
• Dust all areas thoroughly.
• Report maintenance requests on a timely basis as required.
Routine responsibilities - Catering
• Maintain good health and safety and food hygiene procedures.
• Breakfast food preparation.
• Replenish breakfast stocks as required.
• Collect breakfast tickets from hostel guests.
• Clearing up after hostel meals, including dishwashing and cleaning of dining and kitchen area.
• Empty rubbish bins after hostel meals.
• Prepare and distribute packed lunches when required.
• Cleaning of catering area with recognised statutory standards.
• Ability to work to high standards.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to be flexible regarding working hours.
• A friendly and welcoming attitude towards customers.
Additional informationSome previous experience of hospitality industry and customer service would be an advantage although training will be provided for this post.