Top tips on what makes a good well-managed charity
- Tuesday 7 November
- Time slot
This event took place 4 months ago
- Charles Willis
- Running your organisation Governance and legal
- Overall aim
- to help charity trustees to leave the session feeling more confident that they know what's required to run their charity well and to comply with their legal duties
- to help charity trustees recognise the early signs of the challenges that all charities face from time to time
- to feel comfortable in facing up to these challenges
- to give charity trustees some pointers in how to respond to these challenges and help them feel more confident that that they can deal with them
Experts from the Scottish Charity Regulator talk about what makes a good, well-managed charity and deal with the challenges that all charities, large and small face from time to time.
- What kind of behaviours help a charity's board to be the best it can be?
- And what behaviours spell trouble?
- What do you need to think about in managing your charity's money?
- And how do you get all of your charity trustees involved in that?
We'll give our top tips on how trustees and staff can help run an effective charity, and use a range of case studies to illustrate best practice in governance, financial reporting and engaging with OSCR, to help you avoid the pitfalls that have others have fallen into over the past year
- Who was the event aimed at?
- Who spoke at this event?
- Neil Edwards, Martin Tyson