Navigating risk: safeguarding charities in a changing landscape
- Tuesday 7 November
- Time slot
This event took place 4 months ago
- Robyn Shepherd
- Running your organisation Governance and legal
- Overall aim
Attendees will understand:
- The critical aspects of safeguarding personal data within the charity sector;
- Potential risks associated with data breaches and cyber risk and non-compliance with data protection regulations;
- Best practices to strengthen data resilience and maintain the trust of donors, beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- The potential risks that arise in charity operations;
- How to empower charities to recognise and manage health & safety risks and to protect their organisations from potential legal liabilities;
- Employment-related risks: the main employee related risks that employers should be alive to and the effective management of employees to minimise such risks materialising;
- How compliance with employment laws can bolster the overall risk management framework of a charity;
- The crucial role of governance in minimising legal and reputational risks.
- Key governance challenges faced by charities and how good governance practices can safeguard the charity's mission and long-term sustainability
- What charities should be doing in preparation for the coming into force of the Charities (Regulation and Administration)(Scotland) Bill.
In a rapidly evolving world charities face unique challenges when it comes to managing risk effectively. To shed light on this crucial topic, this panel event brings together legal experts from across the Charities & Third Sector team at Brodies LLP to discuss the diverse aspects of risk that charities encounter and offer practical insights, showcase innovative tools and solutions, as well as answering your questions on how to safeguard their operations and reputation.
- Who was the event aimed at?
- Who spoke at this event?
- Kenneth Pinkerton