Social enterprise stories - graphic novel launch
Magic Torch Comics CIC / Glasgow Caledonian University
- Thursday 16 June
- Time slot
This event took place 8 months ago
- Comms & marketing Evaluation & impact Learning & development
- Overall aim
This launch event will celebrate the first of two graphic novels produced as part of the Common Good Comics project, supported by National Lottery Heritage Fund and aims to:
- Introduce the Common Good Comics project and how we’ve been working to collect stories; develop heritage skills; promote common good heritage in accessible ways; inspire future generations
- Give practical advice on how organisations can create their own archive: Introduce the Social Enterprise Archiving Toolkit (SEAT)
- Share experiences of project participants (TBC)
- Open up discussion on social enterprise in Scottish history
Celebrate Scotland’s Year of Stories by joining us for the launch of our graphic novel Social Enterprise Stories, highlighting inspiring organisations from across Scotland. Hear how Glasgow Caledonian University Yunus Centre for Social Business and Health, GCU Archive Centre and Magic Torch Comics CIC have collaborated to help organisations preserve and promote their stories – from organising archives to creating digital stories. All attendees receive a copy of the comic, thanks to National Lottery Heritage Fund support.
- Who was the event aimed at?
Development / Education officers
- Who spoke at this event?
- Paul Bristow, Director / Practitioner Magic Torch Comics CIC
Kirsty Menzies, Assistant Archivist (GCU Archive Centre)
Dr Gillian Murray, Research Fellow, Yunus Centre for Social Business and Health
Guest speaker(s) who have participated in the project (TBC)
Sign up for our Events & Training bulletin
If you would like to receive regular updates on events we run, please enter your details below: