The month of community – How the third sector and communities are preventing loneliness
Eden Project Communities in partnership with Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland and Befriending Networks
- Wednesday 15 June
- Time slot
This event took place over 1 year ago
- Sophie Bridger
- Health & social care Wellbeing Families and communities
- Overall aim
- Explore how isolation and loneliness impacts our communities
- Identifying barriers and solutions to building community connections
- See the impact of community volunteering, particularly tackling loneliness and building community
- Raise awareness of the Month of Community, and show people how they can participate in the campaign, including Volunteers Week and Loneliness Awareness Week.
Loneliness and isolation continue to be significant issues, but more people than ever want to find connection with others. The Month of Community is a new campaign celebrating our connection to each other, and the amazing things going on in our communities. In this session, we'll hear from volunteers and community members taking part in amazing projects that prevent loneliness and create connection, from Befriending, local community delivery to Big Lunches. We’ll also look at how as individuals, and members of the third sector, we can create more opportunities for connection in communities.
This session is part of Loneliness Awareness Week and The Month of Community.
- Who was the event aimed at?
- Who spoke at this event?
- Volunteer Befriender and Befriendee – TBC
Volunteer Big Lunch Organiser - TBC
Sophie Bridger, Eden Project Communities
Paul Okroj, Chest, Heart & Stroke
Margaret Starkie, Volunteer Scotland