Community Jobs Scotland (CJS) brings together a diverse range of employers from across Scotland’s voluntary sector, including large household name charities to small community groups. What CJS employers have in common is their ability to support young people into employment and improve communities.
“93% of supervisors and line managers think CJS is a ‘very good’ or ‘good’ voluntary sector organisation development programme.”
We’re looking for quality employers who care about their staff and have the capacity to mentor someone who is new to the world of work or who needs a bit of extra support.
Our employers must commit to providing a high quality package of support, including:
- an induction
- on-the job training
- support and supervision
- job search support
- an ongoing focus on assisting the individual into lasting employment
*Please note: we are not currently accepting new employer registrations*
Organisation eligibility criteria
Examples of voluntary sector organisations who would be eligible to apply include:
- Voluntary organisations
- Social enterprises
- Community organisations
- Volunteering bodies
- Trade unions
- Housing associations
- Credit unions
- Community Interest Companies (CICs) – if no profit distribution
- Charitable trusts (if the trust was set up by a local authority, the trust must be fully independent from the local authority)
- Community Enterprise Trusts
Examples of organisations who would not be eligible to apply include:
- Arms length council bodies including trusts (defined by clauses in the constitution that concede control to the local authority).
- Community Interest Companies where there is profit distribution
- Private sector
- Local Authorities
Unfortunately, we are not currently accepting new employer registrations.
If you have any questions please call Francis Harkin on 0141 559 5026.