Charity registered in Scotland SC020879
Aims & objectivesCothrom is a community enterprise set up in 1992 to provide quality training opportunities for local people on the island and exploit opportunities which will raise standards of living. The new facility at Ormiclate - completed in 2007 - replaces the three previous locations with a large, state of the arts facility. The new build also seeks to fill long-standing gaps in service provision in the Southern Isles with the establishment of a nursery, skills workshop and a "one stop shop". The one stop shop was designed to offer representatives of Jobcentre Plus, Careers Scotland, Citizens Advice Bureau and the Local Authority the chance to bring their services to the community.
- Job number
- Isle of South Uist
- Time of attendance
- Tuesday to Friday
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.56 - £8.91 per hour depending on age
• To work with the Re-Store team
• To assist with the collection and delivery service
• To assist in the refurbishment of furniture
• To collect clothing from textile banks
• To assist in the Re-Store shop, serving customers and answering the phone
• To adhere to all Health & Safety policies and procedures
• To attend the AGM, Staff and Project meetings, and any other Cothrom events
• Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Manager
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to use hand tools and complete small jobs including sanding, gluing, cutting etc.
Ability to work as a member of the team
Ability to work under instruction
Ability to plan and organise workload
Willingness to learn new skills.
Working with tools.
Working with people
Health and safety procedures.
Additional informationThe post is located at the Re Store base in Ormiclate. The role will include lifting and moving furniture, and on occasion will include furniture delivery. There will be an opportunity to learn workshop skills.