- The Circle
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Mon - Fri
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- 4 days per week
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9.50 per hour
The Circle is an award-winning Social Enterprise headquartered in Dundee with ambitious growth plans for 2021. Recognised for our social impact, The Circle is a business and community hub which is home to multiple organisations ranging from small private businesses to national charities. This is an exciting opportunity to join the motivated team of a thriving Social Enterprise.
Based within the Westwood Business Centre in Easterhouse, Glasgow, you will play a role in developing and growing The Circle’s presence and impact in the local area. You will be responsible for maintaining the standards of the centre’s overall appearance and environment.
• Making sure that the premises are clean, tidy and safe to use.
• Turning the heating on and off and reading meters
• Small maintenance jobs, such as changing light bulbs or fixing dripping taps.
• Touching up paintwork.
• Liaising with people who use the building.
• Liaising with external contractors, such as plumbers and electricians.
• Storing equipment and supplies safely.
• Understanding fire safety regulations, emergency procedures and the rules for evacuating the building.
• Ensuring disabled access to the building where necessary.
• Ensuring wash areas and toilet areas are regularly replenished and kept clean and tidy
• Ensure all communal areas clean tidy and replenished after each break time
• Movement of furniture, supplies, deliveries etc
• Do weekly fire alarm test for each building
• Do weekly legionella tests
The Circle is still a young organisation, with a small hard-working team. It’s important that the candidate is not only right for the role but also the right fit for our team. We are excited to be expanding our efforts and welcoming someone new to join us in delivering our vision and goals in a whole new site. As a third sector organisation it is important that the right candidate also shares our vision and goals. The Circle is home to many organisations who support vulnerable individuals from all walks of life, such as those with additional needs, the elderly and others. The right candidate should have patience and understanding in this type of environment.