Cunninghame Furniture Recycling Company
Charity registered in Scotland SC041863
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 25 HRS OVER 5 DAYS MONDAY-FRIDAY 9AM-5PM
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- EITHER 0900-1430 (WITH 30MIN BREAK) OR 1130- 1700 (WITH 30MIN BREAK)
- Salary (£/hr)
- 16-20 £6.56 21-22 £8.36 23+ £8.91
Movement of Goods and Waste
• Collecting and delivering furniture and white goods from donor and to buyer properties and Civic Amenity sites, under the supervision of Van Driver / Supervisor and / or the CFRC Operations Manager.
• Follow specified instructions, procedures, and standards for the efficient and safe operation of the vehicle including tail lifts.
• Carry out house and garden clearance, void cleaning and other contract work in a safe and efficient manner.
Warehouse and Goods Management
• Assist in ensuring the CFRC warehouse is organised and maintained effectively and safely to enable efficient stocking and retrieval of goods.
• Carry out cleaning, repair and processing of furniture and white goods from the vehicles to the warehouse, warehouse to showroom and warehouse to recycling / landfill as directed by the CFRC Operations Manager or Warehouse Supervisor.
• Assist with logging of furniture and white goods collected and their associated weights to enable effective stock control and movement.
Vehicles and Equipment
• Operate and maintain CFRC vehicles, equipment, tools and machinery in a safe and effective manner and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
• Assist with daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections and routine and basic vehicle.
• Maintenance, such as checking oil, water, and tyres - reporting any non-routine problems or malfunctioning equipment to the Van Driver / Supervisors.
• Ensure equipment specification for CFRC vehicles is maintained, notifying the CFRC Operations Manager of the need for replacement items as necessary.
• Ensure CFRC vehicle cleanliness – both inside and outside.
• Provide high quality collection and delivery services to furniture donors and buyers.
• As directed by Van Driver / Supervisors, ensure CFRC customers sign off appropriate delivery and collection paperwork.
• As directed by Van Driver / Supervisors, communicate with CFRC and with customers whilst undertaking deliveries and collections to ensure quality service – including advising of estimated arrival and actual completion times.
• Liaise as necessary with CHA Property Services staff when clarification is required on clearance / cleaning jobs.
• Liaise with local authority Civic Amenity Site staff regarding emptying of containers.
• Promote CFRC’s corporate image and ethos in a positive manner in all dealings with customers and partners (internal and external).
• Participate in leaflet drops, open days and other promotional events as required.
• Undertake training and personal development activity as required by the CFRC Operations Manager.
• Undertake such other relevant duties as may be determined by the CFRC Operations Manager.
GOOD COMMUNICATOR WITH THE ABILITY TO COMPLETE TASKS ASSIGNED
Additional informationJOB INVOLVES HEAVY LIFTING AND THE ABILITY TO WORK OUTDOORS AND INDOORS
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership