Here at SCVO, we love charities. We believe every person who works to make a difference to Scottish communities should be valued, and that includes our colleagues who have come from other EU countries to live and work here. Scotland’s voluntary sector is strengthened thanks to their contribution.
Following Brexit all EU citizens and their families in the UK will have to apply for permission to stay before 30 June 2021.
While the voluntary sector can’t do much about these new rules, we want to show solidarity with our European colleagues, make it absolutely clear that they are still very much welcome in Scotland, and support them to continue doing the great work they do in our communities.
We’ve created this page with the aim of helping you – voluntary sector employers and employees – understand the background and the changes affecting our EU colleagues, and direct you to useful resources
- Apply for Settled Status
- Get assistance and advice on Settled Status
- Add our Twibbon to your profile
- Download our #EUareValued poster
- Get the latest Home office updates
- Find information and advice from campaign group the3million
- Read our briefing – ‘EU nationals living and working in Scotland’