Managing & supervising people
Starts6th October 2020 09:30Ends7th October 2020 16:30TrainerShirley OttoContactHelen Swatton
0141 465 7531Cost
SCVO Member £190, Third sector non-member £250, Public/Private £300
- Course overview
Your ability to lead, manage, supervise and motivate people effectively is vital when dealing with the complexities of a team.
As a manager or supervisor, it is important you discover how to manage change, motivate, discipline, delegate, inspire and problem solve…all the critical skills you need to succeed.
- Overall course aim
The aim of this two day course is to provide you with information on managing and supervising people at work, and instil the skills and confidence in which to carry it out.
- Course objectives
Through a mix of short talks and group work, looking at case studies and playing games, you will:
- Identify strengths and areas to work on;
- Have a framework for managing and supervising people;
- Develop skills, techniques and strategies for managing people;
- Obtain support and encouragement;
- Tackle work related problems and issues.
Using group and individual tasks you will learn about:
- being responsible for people and their work: hopes and fears;
- managing people, teams and group;
- managing change;
- identifying challenges and learning goals;
- supervision and appraisal.
- Who is the course aimed at?
This course is for those who are new to managing and supervising people. The course is geared to those working in voluntary and community organisations.
- Entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements.
Please note this course is now fully booked!