Online - Develop your fundraising skills: thriving funds in difficult times
Starts21st June 2021 10:00Ends28th June 2021 13:00TrainerPam JudsonContactCost
SCVO members £110, Non-members £180
- Course overview
You already know the ABCs of fundraising so now it’s time to build upon yourexisting skills and knowledge as a practising fundraiser.
This online course is delivered in two 3-hour sessions and will be supplemented by a suggested pre- course reading list, additional electronic learning materials anda short homework assignment between sessions.
Session 1 - 21 June, 10am - 1pm
Session 2 - 28 June, 10am - 1pm
Book this course and Get started with fundraising: building capacity to raise funds, get 10% off the second course!
- Overall course aim
The aim of this online coursewithPam Judsonis to develop your understanding of fundraising trends and how the funding landscape has changed, especially in the current crisis. You will discover how to approachfunders, meet their criteria and build on relationships.
- Course objectives
- How has Covid affected your organisation? Your overall work. Your beneficiaries. Your funding.
- What has been your response? New or changed ways of working? New skills gained? New needs identified? Funds accessed or lost?
- Creating a powerful ‘case for support’ for your potential funders and supporters. Start from the Personal. Uses for the ‘case for Support’. How to aim the case for support for different audiences.
- Writing effective proposals and applications for funding: The basic components of a proposal. Filling in forms, and what to do when there is no form. Budget tips and full cost recovery. Bang for the buck.
- Evaluation and Monitoring for you and the funder: What data should be collected and how? How to show impact.
- Communications with donors and supporters.
- Fundraising Strategy in uncertain times: Basic strategy questions. Suggested Template for strategy.
- Stewardship and donor care – the heart of fundraising: Principles of good stewardship. The donor journey?
- Acknowledgement and Thank you: Saying thank you properly. Recognition and benefits
- Who is the course aimed at?
This online course is for those working in the voluntary sector and social enterprises who have fundraising experience already but want to update and enhance their knowledge and skills.
- Entry requirements
Participants will have completed 'Online - Get started with fundraising: building capacity to raise funds' or have previous experience in fundraising or want to refresh their existing skills and knowledge.
- Other information
Course structure: 2x 3-hour sessions, which helpsparticipants improve and develop their fundraising knowledge through practical exercises and class discussions.
Attendance:You must attend both parts of this online course in order to complete it and receive your Certificate of achievement.
- Previous delegate comments
- •"Trainer was confident and was clear that she has been in the field for decades with her depth of knowledge." •"Pam was very engaging and informative and demystified the topic very well."