Online - Building personal resilience and self confidence
Starts6th May 2021 09:30Ends6th May 2021 12:30TrainerMark DouglasContactCost
SCVO members £75, Non-members £115
- Course overview
Personal resilience is crucial and most helpful when navigating times of great ambiguity, uncertainty and challenge, all of which seem to be more and more present in our day-to-day working lives as we emerge from covid-19 lockdown.
We all have moments of self-doubt and wonder if we can really achieve what is being asked of us. The world can be a tough and lonely place where perceived rejection and failure is tough to handle. Sometimes, the ‘stories we tell ourselves’ can hold you back; you can end up questioning your ability and your worth. Your ability to continue on and keep your self-belief is a key attribute to achieving both work and personal success.
- Overall course aim
The course with Mark Douglas from Blue Ptarmigan focuses on answering the question ‘how do I know that to be true about myself?’ It explores what triggers the self-doubt in the first place, how to be aware that it’s happening and how to manage it. The three stage approach helps you be able to prevent some of these thoughts happening in the first place as well as ensuring that when they do you can effectively manage them and turn them into a positive force.
After all, “The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark’, Michelangelo.
- Course objectives
The online workshop isdesigned to be interactive,blending theory with practical day-to-day examples and participant contributionsand group discussions. It will utilise all the best online tools including breakout rooms and polls.
The learning outcomes will have you leave the course with:
- a greater awareness of what resilient people do that sets them apart from others.
- tools to develop your power of perseverance with some practical approaches.
- an enhanced confidence in dealing with rejection and perceived failure.
- a greater awareness of what triggers your self doubt and negative feelings.
- clarity around what you need to start, stop and continue doing in order to build your resilience.
- Who is the course aimed at?
This online course is aimed at anyone who feels they lack confidence and needs to learn a new approach to being resilient in these uncertain times.The course is geared for those working in voluntary organisations and charities but extends to all sectors.
- Entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements.
- Other information
Session format:3-hours with plenty of time for group discussion
- Previous delegate comments
- •"The trainer was absolutely fantastic. Very knowledgeable, approachable and made everyone feel at ease, and that your views mattered."