Meeting today’s volunteering challenges
- 10:00-13:00, 27th October 2021
- Course length
- 1 Day
- Helen Swatton
- Anne Whiteford
- Course overview
This online course with Anne Whiteford is designed to look at volunteering today and reflect on the different challenges and opportunities it brings for voluntary sector organisations. Volunteering matters now more than ever and organisations must review how they work with their volunteers, consider how they can recruit new volunteers and make plans to keep everyone safe and motivated.
- Overall course aim
The aim of this online course is to understand volunteering matters more than ever and and that volunteers are one of the key resources in voluntary sector organisations. You will look at how to make the most of this resource by ensuring volunteers are well managed and their energy, skills and commitment is captured and released.
- Course objectives
Organisations change and adapt over time, and never more so than in recent months. Therefore, it is important volunteering is reviewed so it matches the needs of your organisation and the expectations of current and future volunteers. This online course is interactive, blending practical examples and group discussions, which will allow you to consider and explore:
· Volunteering today - trends and developments.
· Volunteering in my organisation - what makes it ‘sticky’?
· The volunteer journey - making it long and interesting!
· Supporting volunteers - to help them give their best.
· Rewarding volunteers - celebrating success.
· Creating an action plan - developing volunteering in your organisation.
- Who is the course aimed at?
This online course is aimed at anyone who is responsible for developing volunteer management within an organisation or for anyone who is responsible for managing volunteers directly.
- Entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements.
- Other Information
3 hour session, which is broken into segments with time to recap on the main points and an opportunity for questions. At the end of the course there will be time for final points and questions.
- Previous delegate comments
- •"Anne's experience was amazing and she have worked over 15 years so her experience is wealth of information."•"Anne was very knowledgeable and very clear. She had a lovely manner."
- In house training service
This course can be delivered in-house
Find out more
- £115 (member rate £75)
If you belong to an SCVO member/supporter organisation, please sign in with your SCVO Account before booking to save £40 on this course
Training delivered to your door
Our in-house training service provides a flexible, efficient and cost-effective way to upskill or reskill a group of staff at the same time.