Please note applications are now closed for 2022.
Over the past year voluntary sector organisations have been forced to contend with months of uncertainty and challenges, with new expectations, processes, and ways of working. Meanwhile, technology has been thrust front-and-centre as a lifeline that has allowed organisations to continue to operate.
Organisations that adapt and thrive in this new environment will be the ones that truly understand the problems people face, put user needs first and look at how new technology might contribute to a solution. Truly effective digital evolution only happens when leaders are brought in, and able to drive forward change. At the simplest level, digital evolution is about doing things differently. That’s where you come in.
About the Programme
The SCVO Digital Senior Leaders programme – created by SCVO and Third Sector Lab – explores your role as a charity leader in this testing organisational environment. By sharing insights from a range of different leaders and sectors, while illustrating how you can help your organisation navigate disruption, overcome problems and continue to innovate and accelerate, we can help you provide the best service you can for the people you serve.
The Programme has six core themes:
- Leadership: Strategy, empowerment, communication, motivation and empathy
- Culture: Creating a culture of inclusion, innovation, and collaboration
- Design thinking: Understand users, challenge assumptions, redefine problems and create innovative solutions
- Impact: Using data as a driver of growth, innovation, and improvement
- Cyber threats and risks: Understand the risks that can be posed through the use of technology; mitigating and resilience to threats.
- Road mapping: Review and reflect on your digital journey and map out your organisation’s next steps. The opportunity to celebrate how far you have come!
Each month you will use an action learning set approach to challenge and by challenge by your peers to support you to move forward and drive digital evolution in your organisation.
The programme centres around three key questions:
- What is happening?
- What should be happening?
- How do we make it happen?
The SCVO Digital Senior Leaders Programme uses the Scottish Approach to Service Design #SAtSD as a framework to embed digital in tried, tested and practical ways into your organisation.
The vision for the Scottish Approach to Service Design is that the people of Scotland are supported and empowered to actively participate in the definition, design and delivery of their (public) services. It is a set of core ideas and intentions we need to build into our organisations to ensure we design the right thing, before designing the thing right.
What’s required of participants?
The Programme costs £850 for SCVO members & £1000 for non-members.
Participants commit to a cohort and six sessions throughout the Programme. Each session runs from 9.30am to 12.30pm and will be delivered online using Zoom.
|Month||Cohort A||Cohort B||Theme|
|February||Tuesday 01/02/2022||Thursday 02/02/2022||Leadership|
Strategy, empowerment, communication, motivation and empathy
|March||Tuesday 01/03/2022||Thursday 03/03/2022||Culture|
Creating a culture of inclusion, innovation and collaboration
|March||Tuesday 29/03/2022||Thursday 31/03/2022||Design thinking|
Understand users, challenge assumptions, redefine problems and create innovative solutions
|April||Tuesday 26/04/2022||Thursday 28/04/2022||Impact|
Use data as a driver of growth, innovation and improvement
|May||Tuesday 24/05/2022||Thursday 26/05/2022||Cyber Threats and Resilience|
Understand the risks that can be posed by technology, mitigating and responding to threats
|June||Monday 20/06/2022||Tuesday 21/06/2022||Road mapping and celebration event|
Review and reflect on your digital journey and map out your organisation’s next steps. The opportunity to celebrate how far you have come!
What are the benefits?
On successful completion of the SCVO Digital Senior Leaders Programme you will:
- understand how the people you support are accessing services and how they now want to access your support
- know if what you deliver is still relevant and delivered in the right way.
- able to respond quickly to changing needs and expectations of the people that you serve
- use data to drive quick & accurate decision making
- learn from failure as well as success
- Create a road map for embedding digital into everyday working lives and service delivery.
As a participant you will also be given access to over 300 strong alumni, industry experts and 1;1 support and gain access to all that SCVO’s digital team has to offer.
If your organisation is an SCVO member, you will also receive a 15% discount on the cost of the programme, as well as a range of other benefits as part of our new improved membership offer – find out more about joining our community.
At SCVO we know organisations that adapt and thrive will be the ones that truly understand the problems people face, put user needs first and look at how new technology might contribute to a solution.