A well-run board is clear about its role and responsibilities and provides strategic direction in line with the organisation’s purpose, vision and values.
As the board, we are here to lead our organisation, and we are individually and collectively responsible for our decisions. We need to make sure our organisation has a clear strategy to achieve our purpose.
We will achieve this by doing the following:
- Identifying our organisation’s vision and values, and making sure these underpin all our decisions and activities.
- Having a clear understanding of the trustees’ individual and collective roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrating good leadership and creating an inclusive culture through our own behaviour.
- Understanding and respecting the difference between governance and operations, delegating operational tasks where appropriate, while recognising that we are always accountable for our organisation’s activities.
- Making sure equality, diversity and inclusion are considered across all aspects of our organisation.
- Communicating with our staff, volunteers and members about our vision for our organisation and the decisions we make, and listening to feedback.
- Leading and overseeing progress and performance by closely examining information on activities and achievements and their long-term effect.
Last modified on 10 January 2024