A well-run board is clear about the purpose and values of the organisation and how it will achieve its aims.
As the board, we are ultimately responsible for directing the activity of our organisation and delivering its stated purpose.
We will achieve this by doing the following:
- Understanding and regularly reviewing our organisation’s purpose and values, and committing to them to make sure our organisation delivers what it was set up to do.
- Making sure our governing documents are fit for purpose and set out the details of how our organisation will be governed.
- Making and recording informed decisions in line with our governing documents.
- Overseeing the use of assets and resources to make sure they are used to achieve our organisation’s purpose and aims.
- Communicating the work of our organisation and the difference it makes to the people we work with and the public.
- Evaluating the benefits and risks of collaborating or merging with another organisation.
- Assessing whether other organisations are fulfilling similar purposes to ours more effectively and, if so, deciding whether or not to wind up or dissolve our organisation.
- Making sure the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion are central to our ways of working and our decision-making.
Last modified on 10 January 2024