Social media fundamentals
- 10:00-13:00, 13 October 2022
- Course length
- 1 Day
- Helen Swatton
- Ross McCulloch
- Course overview
Are you thinking about getting started on social media, but aren’t quite sure how to go about it? Well, get ready to enter a whole new world of communication that will help you reach your members, networks, and the voluntary sector in times of crisis and beyond.
This online course with Ross McCulloch from Third Sector Lab will get you started on a social media strategy and show you how to use social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and blogging more effectively and make every post, reply, like and comment count!
- Overall course aim
Using various social media platforms the aim of this practical and interactive online course is to help you to:
- understand the benefits of using social media
- develop a social media strategy
- develop a social media policy
- integrate social media with your existing website
- Course objectives
Twitter, Facebook and blogging don’t have to be a mystery any longer - this online course will help you develop the skills to use these core social channels more confidently and effectively. Whether it is part of your role, or you just want to be more social media savvy, it has never been more important to communicate well online. Using online tools, group discussions and lots of practical exercises you will look at:
· Twitter · Blogging · Video & audio · Facebook
You will also look at creating a social media strategy - every post, reply, like, and comment should serve a purpose! Having a social media strategy you will have everything you plan to do, and hope to achieve, at hand! It will guide you and let you know whether you're succeeding or failing at your objectives.
- Who is the course aimed at?
This online course is aimed at anyone making their first foray into the world of social media or for those who want to refresh their social media strategy.
- Entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements.
- Other Information
Course format: 3 hour session, with time to recap on the main points and an opportunity for questions.
Attendance: You must attend both parts of this online course in order to complete it and receive your Certificate of achievement.
- Previous delegate comments
- •"The trainer spoke very clearly and explained everything very well. He made sure everyone understood before moving to the next topic/discussion. I thought that the trainer used real-life examples of situations which helped me understand discussions."•"Ross uses a very relaxed manner during his presentations. His knowledge is phenomenal using great personal examples to back up the theory."
- In house training service
- This course can be delivered in-house. Find out more
- £115 (member rate £75)
If you belong to an SCVO member/supporter organisation, please sign in with your SCVO Account before booking to save £40 on this course
Training delivered to your door
Our in-house training service provides a flexible, efficient and cost-effective way to upskill or reskill a group of staff at the same time.