Plan measure and report social impact
6 February 2023
This event started 4 days ago
- Course length
- 2 Day
- Helen Swatton
- Lindsay Linton
- Funding and finance
- Course overview
Why measure social impact? Every organisation can and should measure their social impact, especially in these uncertain times, because evaluation is key to securing both continued and future funding. Indeed, funding often depends on reporting your social impact clearly and concisely to funders who want to know their investment is making a real difference.
Planning is essential to the social impact evaluation of your organisation or project because it can be complex, expensive and time consuming. This online course will help you understand the key social impact evaluation principles and plan an evaluation of your own.
- Overall course aim
The aim of this 2-part online course with Lindsay Linton is to introduce you to the principles of social impact evaluation, how to apply them to your project and help you develop and plan an evaluation for your own social impact project.
Session 1 - 30 January, 10am - 1.30pm
Session 2 - 6 February, 10am - 1.30pm
- Course objectives
Through group work and individual exercises this one day course will cover:
- benefits of monitoring and evaluating
- key stages of measuring impact and value
- what is impact and what is value?
- the current measurement of your project for funders
- what data can you collect to demonstrate impact and value to funders?
- top tips for putting together a basic impact and value evaluation report for your funders
- Who was the course aimed at?
This online course is aimed at individuals from the voluntary sector and social enterprises who want to understand the principles of social impact evaluation to help demonstrate their organisation’s impact and value to funders.
- Entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements.
- Homework required
- Pre- course reading of supplied documentation and a short exercise based on the supplied material for session 1. There is also a short exercise given at the end of session 1 that benefits the helpfulness of session 2.
- Other Information
Course structure: 2x 3-hour sessions, with a short break in the middle of each session.
Attendance: You must attend both parts of this online course in order to complete it and receive your Certificate of achievement.
- Previous delegate comments
- • " Lindsay had such a good level of understanding to be able to explain the issues to beginners."• " Lindsay was excellent, great rapport with everyone and good understanding of the voluntary sector particularly re the subject matter."
- In house training service
- This course can be delivered in-house. Find out more
- £180 (member rate £110)
If you belong to an organisation in SCVO membership, you will save £70 when booking this course
Sign up for our Events & Training bulletin
If you would like to receive regular updates on events we run, please enter your details below:
Also on the following date
- 6 June 2023 Spaces availabile
Training delivered to your door
Our in-house training service provides a flexible, efficient and cost-effective way to upskill or reskill a group of staff at the same time.