How to win contracts and Service Level Agreements
6 March 2023
This event took place 12 months ago
- Course length
- 2 Day
- Helen Swatton
- John Bonnar
- Running your organisation
- Course overview
We are delighted to introduce this new 2-day course to our training programme.
Designed and delivered in partnership with trainer John Bonnar, this online course will help organisations take charge of the process and win contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that are in their best interests and those of their clients.
· Day 1: 27 February, 10am to 4pm
· Day 2: 6 March, 10am to 4pm
- Overall course aim
The aim of this online course is for participants to be empowered to critically analyse and bid for contracts and SLAs. They should have a renewed confidence in their organisation, in presenting it's services and in representing the organisation's strengths.
- Course objectives
This online course will help you to understand the components of a Service Level Agreement (SLA). It will provide an understanding of various tools and their application, and teach you how to create and develop an SLA.
You will take away a number of tools to use in real-life bidding and negotiation situations. The course is packed full of content that looks at:
• turning Best Value to your advantage
• capitalising on your strengths and unique selling points
• pros and cons of types of contract – “spot purchase”, “block purchase” and “unit purchase”
• the contents of a contract
• drafting a service specification
• preserving quality
• an introduction to Full Cost Recovery
• negotiating practice
• mastering the jargon
You will also leave with an understanding of the following:
- structuring Business Plans
- strategy management V ops management
- Outcomes and outputs
- defining the board’s role in strategy planning
- strategy and implementation
- Who was the course aimed at?
This course is for anyone employed within the voluntary sector who is responsible for tendering for contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and carrying out negotiations.
- Entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements
- Other Information
Course structure: this brand new course will be delivered over 2x full-days with suitable breaks throughout - you must attend both days to qualify for the Certificate of achievement. There will be plenty of opportunities for questions, discussion and practical exercises.
- In house training service
- This course can be delivered in-house. Find out more
- £250 (member rate £170)
If you belong to an organisation in SCVO membership, you will save £80 when booking this course
Sign up for our Events & Training bulletin
If you would like to receive regular updates on events we run, please enter your details below:
Also on the following date
- 14 March 2024 Limited availability
Training delivered to your door
Our in-house training service provides a flexible, efficient and cost-effective way to upskill or reskill a group of staff at the same time.