Get started with fundraising: building capacity to raise funds
11 October 2023
This event took place 5 months ago
- Course length
- 2 Day
- Helen Swatton
- Pam Judson
- Funding and finance Cost of living
- Course overview
Competition for funding is fierce, funders receive more and more applications every year and so it is vital you know where to begin when unlocking potential funds for your organisation.
This online course is delivered in two 3-hour sessions and will be supplemented by a suggested pre- course reading list, additional electronic learning materials and a short homework assignment between sessions.
Session 1 - 4 October, 10am - 1pm
Session 2 - 11 October, 10am - 1pm
Book this course and Develop your fundraising skills: thriving funds in difficult times, get 10% off the second course!
- Overall course aim
The aim of this online introductory course with Pam Judson is to look at a range of techniques and approaches to use for effective fundraising and examine the fundraising landscape post-covid.
- Course objectives
- Are you ready for fundraising? Starting from a position of strength - not begging because of need.
- What exactly do fundraisers do anyway? What's needed to start effective fundraising.
- The Big Picture - fundraising landscape post-covid: Who has the money? How much is there? Who gets it?
- How fundraising works and why people give:
- The Pyramid - Cultivation and the role of profile raising;
- The Prospect Onion - Identifying your potential donors;
- The Seven Steps of Fundraising - an oldie but goodie.
- Project Profiling: A tool to identify what needs funding in your organisation and who should fund it.
- Individual Giving: How and why people give.
- Trusts and Foundations: The Trust Landscape – how and why they give.
- Company Giving: How and why companies can support your organisation.
- Community Fundraising: What is happening with Community Fundraising post covid.
- Research to support fundraising
- Who was the course aimed at?
This online course is for individuals from the voluntary sector and social enterprises who are fairly new to fundraising or for those with some experience who wish to update and enhance their knowledge and skills.
- Entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements.
- Other Information
Course structure: 2x 3-hour sessions, which helps participants get ready to manoeuvre any fundraising obstacle and reap the rewards through practical exercises and class discussions.
Attendance: You must attend both parts of this online course in order to complete it and receive your Certificate of achievement.
- Previous delegate comments
- •"Pam was extremely knowledgeable and clearly is an expert in her field."•"Pam was engaging, so knowledgeable about the subject and happy to share 'tricks of the trade'; her enthusiasm was infectious so she got through so much material in the one session."
- In house training service
- This course can be delivered in-house. Find out more
- £185 (member rate £115)
If you belong to an organisation in SCVO membership, you will save £70 when booking this course
Sign up for our Events & Training bulletin
If you would like to receive regular updates on events we run, please enter your details below:
Also on the following date
- 1 May 2024 Spaces availabile
Training delivered to your door
Our in-house training service provides a flexible, efficient and cost-effective way to upskill or reskill a group of staff at the same time.