A fair and sustainable operating environment is essential to ensure our sector can contribute to Scotland’s economy and society. Our team are committed to supporting Scotland’s voluntary sector to achieve its ambitions and continue its vital work.
Over the last three years our team have supported the sector by:
- Securing a Chamber Debate on valuing the voluntary sector
- Ensuring the Advisory Group on Economic Recovery heard the concerns of our sector
- Ensuring the Social Renewal Advisory Board heard and acted on the concerns of our sector
- Ensuring colleagues across our sector had opportunities to engage with decision makers during the Covid19 crisis including: The Cabinet Secretary for Communities and Local Government, Finance Secretary and the COSLA President
- Ensuring the Public Audit and Post-legislative Scrutiny Committee fully considered and understood the impact of the Lobbying Act (Scotland) on the sector
- Supporting colleagues to engage with political party manifesto processes
- Ensuring colleagues had an opportunity to raise concerns with Party Leaders by hosting a voluntary sector Hustings with leaders from all five of the main political parties at Holyrood
- Launching a strategic partnership to boost collaboration between the voluntary sector, national government, and local government.